Usually, we all lack fibers in the diet among other nutrients. An average adult female of 50 years of age must eat 25 g fiber, and a male adult 38 g fiber per day.
You must have enough fiber since it digests the food better and keeps the digestive tract healthy active. Fiber deficit is serious issue; causes hemorrhoids, constipation, bad cholesterol and blood sugar too.
The best fiber foods:
- Corn and bran types- 76 g corn has 240% fiber daily best dose. Other bran types like rice bran, wheat bran have 1% less. Then there is oat bran with 58% fiber RDA.
- Cauliflower- one cup of this has 2 g fiber, and cooked it has 3 g. broccoli also has fibers, in one cup you get 2.4 g fiber and cooked it has 5 g.
- Pear- medium pear has 5.5 g fiber
- Strawberry- one cup of these strawberries has 3 g fiber. It also has no calories so is great for a diet.
- Cabbage- cooked it has 4 g in a cup, like the red cabbage too. The regular type has 12% fiber RDA and the Chinese cabbage 8%.
- Avocado- one cup has 10 g fiber. It also has many carbs, but healthy ones.
- Apples- they have 4.4 g in a medium apple and 2.4 % RDA
- Bananas- loaded with potassium, they also have fibers up to 2.6% RDA
- Carrots- they fight the cancer and have 3.4 g in a cup with almost none calories.
- Beets- this veggie has 2.8% RDA fibers and also copper, iron, folate, manganese and potassium.
If you cannot eat these fiber foods, try at least to replace them with other foods. A cup black beans is better than cup mashed potatoes with 15 g fiber compared to the poorly 3.1 g fiber in the potatoes.
Source and image source: stethnews.com