People that have a hard time sleeping due to this must read this article. This is a syndrome and means even if you lie on the bed the legs move around. RLS includes jerking of the legs with a wiggling feeling under the skin. This also leads to anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
How to stop it?
The syndrome is still a mystery but, here are some potential cures:
- Change in diet- if you crave alcohol before sleeping, limit or stop this. Also, no coffee.
- Hot bath- prepare a hot bath before sleeping. Soak for 10 minutes at least.
- Chill the legs- if you are not patient for baths, just chill the legs and rub them with cold packs.
- Mix hot and cold- dip the legs in warm water and then put the ice pack after that.
- Workout- moderate workouts help a lot. Also this improves the whole health. Walk at least half an hour and avoid workout before sleeping. Also, stretch.
- Vitamins- RLS can be due to deficit in vitamins. Take folic acid; the vitamins inside help the red blood cells and oxygenizing the body. Take iron; muscles will benefit a lot of this, so eat kidney beans, beef, dark veggies and liver. Take magnesium; this makes the legs twitch or cramp less.
Also, avoid being sedentary and try our advices.
Image source: drhomeo.com