Of all organs, the liver is considered the heaviest and really crucial gland also. It helps with digestion substances, synthesis of protein and regulating red blood cells, and also flushing toxins from the body. This last one is really important, if toxins are not flushed then our body is toxic and great for cancer thriving.
The liver has many jobs so it has to be kept at perfect health. If its work is slowed down, the toxins pile up inside and are stored in the fat tissues until the liver works properly again.
Here are the warning signs for the liver:
- Acne and skin issues
- Chronic muscle and joints pain
- Depression, anxiety
- Imbalance in hormones
- Increasing weight
- Chronic fatigue
- Bloating, gasses, abdomen pain, constipation and also diarrhea
- Bad digestion
If you can’t lose weight, but eat healthy and workout, it could mean the liver is working badly. How to improve this situation? It is easy, eat healthy, do workouts and change the lifestyle to be healthier too.
Here are some advice:
- Less fructose or maximum 20 g daily
- No refined sugars
- No processed foods and eat more organic foods to avoid chemicals and sodium
- Limit alcohol
- Drink a lot of water
- Have a balanced whole foods diet (animal protein, fermented food, grains, healthy fats, seeds, nuts)
- Dietary fibers (chia seeds, whole foods, artichokes, broccoli, avocado, Brussels sprouts)
- Eat sulfur foods (eggs, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, onion, garlic, kale, also asparagus)
- Eat more dark leafy greens for the folate, magnesium, vitamin C and B
- Eating animal and veggie amino acids (eggs, chicken, spinach raw, cabbage, parsley, beets..)
- Healthy fats
- Remove veggie oils ( canola, corn, soybean, cottonseed, safflower and sunflower)
And these are the 3 best food items for the liver regeneration:
- Turmeric- it is great for shielding the liver since it is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Artichoke- it is antioxidant and high in fiber
- Milk thistle- this is also a herbal cure, it has antioxidants and antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic agents. All these keep the liver healthy after all the damages from alcohol, drugs, viruses or toxins.
Keep your health balanced and good, for every organ not just the liver. Change the diet and the habits of so far.
Source and image source: healthyfoodandsporttips.com