The banana is a super fruit, but the peel is even better than the fruit maybe! We all throw it but many people use it after eating the fruit, in India they have known this for years now.
- Teeth whitening- rub the teeth with the peel skin
- Skin wart- take the peel and prevent warts in the future. Put it on the skin area and place bandage over that. Keep doing it until is better.
- No acne and wrinkles- the peel is awesome for the skin since it has antioxidants and anti aging agents. Rub the peel to moisturize the skin for half an hour.
- Psoriasis- this is not cured with the peel but soothed.
- Analgetic- it can have this function when rubbed
- Losing weight- this fruit has potassium but the peel has it too. It even gets to 40% potassium. This mineral is great for diets and speeding metabolism. Also it gives a lot of energy. But it has vitamins B, A, fibers, antioxidants and other things. The fiber is a lot in the peel and keeps you fuller a longer time. Below is a recipe for a banana peel and losing weight issues. Try it!
Banana skin and black eyed peas
- 4 banana peels , green
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ c peas, fresh or soaked
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- 2 tbsp raw grated coconut
- Lime juice
First chop nicely the peels and boil them with turmeric and salt. To keep it non sticky to the pan add oil in the water. Let it boil and simmer. Then drain it. For fresh beans, boil. For soaked, rinse and drain them. Heat the coconut apart on medium and add the mustard seed to cook. Then add the peels and peas and cook some more. Remove if heat and add the coconut and lime.
What is better green or ripe banana peel?
Ripe bananas fight cancer more and are better for the blood. But for losing weight, take green peels. They have more probiotics that keep digestion good. Also they give more dopamine and serotonin.
It is strange to eat the peel, we know. But take it this way. Let’s say in smoothies. Put in blender, mix nicely, add cinnamon, coconut milk, ice or anything you want. You won’t notice the peel.
Or make it in tea. Remove the ends and boil the skins 10 minutes. Strain it and sip. Add honey or other sweetener.
Or even try them in cooking recipes. Make curries, chutney or mash them. Just be creative.
Take only organic bananas and wash them well.
Source and image source: simplecapacity.com