Studies shown that some prescription drugs are causing more than 100.000 death cases per year and 1.5 million people are hospitalized due to side effects.
One reason is that these drugs are approved before all patent testing are done. Thus making problems in people.
3 drug types that make memory loss
These drugs can even be really severe in damage to brain and memory.
The 3 categories of cognitive impairment and memory loss are:
- Sedatives and sleeping pills- such pills even extend to long term memory loss, but short also. Actually, experts even proved these pills damaged memory and performance too. The sleeping pill will also stop many cells in the brain for vigilance, alertness and judgment.
Some pills can even make you black out, similarly to drinking too much alcohol so the person lost memory due to impaired brain cells.
- Statin drugs- lowering cholesterol drugs make memory loss and studies backed this up. Also, FDA advises patients to see their meds for cholesterol closely. They can make a person feel like forgetting something or disoriented and not focused.
- ANTI drugs- the main memory loss drugs are called anti or; antidepressants, antibiotics, antipsychotics, antispasmodics, antihistamines and andtihypertensives. They stop the work of a neurotransmitter acetylcholine that is crucial for memory.
But, these drugs are all purchasable over counter so they make more damage to those with irregular dosages.
20 meds that trigger memory loss – a list:
- Painkillers: morphine, codeine, heroine
- Parkinson’s meds: atropine, scopolamine, glycopyrrolate
- Sleeping pills
- Chemo meds
- Epilepsy pills: phenytoin and Dilantin
If you use these drugs or some of the above, you might feel some symptoms, like:
- Being lost
- Problems with orientation and directions
- Re-asking same questions
- Forgetting words
- Mood and behavior changes
For some or all these changes you need doctor immediately. Still, side effects are temporary and end with the end of therapy.
The sooner your lifestyle is better, the sooner you eliminate these drugs. Eat brain healthy foods and think positive.
Source and image source: healthiestalternative.com