Lately, there are all kinds of coconut products on the market, oil, soya, water, butter, flour, cream and milk, sauce and even shreds. Coconut is popularized by far and all the options with it are limitless.
We all know that it is tasty and the smell is really nice, but coconut is popular for other reasons too. Scientist even limited the reasons to 127!
The coconut tree is called also tree of life in Southeastern Asia, Philippines and other tropical regions in the world. Today, even more than 1500 studies showed how coconut oil is beneficial.
This oil, also known as C. Nucifera is of the palmae family Aercaceae, and this is a branch of the subtype Cocoideae. The coconut flesh is full of healthy fat acids and the fat content alters due to processing and types.
When we discuss medium chain saturated fat acids that is equal to 90% of the content, but also this goes for a small serving polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fats.
The best part is that the medium chain fat acids MCFAs absorb easily in our system and are digested properly; their movement is free in the blood flow barriers in unbound shape, this is basically better neurological process overall and a lot of energy for us.
Keep in mind, the unrefined or virgin coconut oil is healthy and not expensive, and is natural.
Virgin coconut oil
- Non toxic
- Anti-carcinogenic (stops spreading of cancer and improves immunity)
- Antioxidant (stops forming of free radicals and such damage)
- Increases absorption to nutrients (easily digested, fat based vitamin creation – Vitamin K, E, D, A)
- Anti-microbial (fights infections, viruses, bacteria, yeast, parasites and protozoa)
Internal health complications
The coconut is really healthy for us and helps us, like this:
- Depression and cognitive issues- consume the oil with fish oil
- Bowels and gut infections, constipation, or inflammatory bowel disease
- Cancer- studies stated how this oil prevents colon and breast cancer
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Allergies, seasonal fever
- Cholesterol- improved HDL ratio (good cholesterol) to LDL bad cholesterol in patients with such problems
- pylori- consume the oil orally
- Epilepsy- reduces the seizures
- Hemorrhoids- apply the oil externally 2 times daily
- Irritable bowel syndrome- diarrhea and constipation are relieved
- Hot flashes
- Menstruation- stops pain, reduces blood flow and cramps too
- Liver disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Diabetes- the oil prevents food craving and levels blood sugar
- Cystic fibrosis and bronchitis
- Asthma- adults and children
- Acid reflux and indigestion- consume after meals
- Gas- bacterial imbalance in the gut causes this. This oil with antimicrobial benefits refreshes the flora
- Cold and flu- since it is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial also cures these issues
- Bladder infection and urinary tract infection
- Thyroid problems- regulates the work of it when it is over or underactive
- Prostate enlargement or benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Stomach ulcer- soothes the belly and reduces H. pylori growth
- Dry and flaky skin- not enough oil causes dryness and dandruff
- Bad circulation- if you are cold all the time like when you have edema, apply oil to the skin with circular movements to the heart
- Gallbladder issues- the regular oils increase bile and this is good for this problem
- Kidney stones and diseases- it dissolves the tiny stones
- Heart problems- protects arteries from atherosclerosis
- Lung problems
- Teeth decay and periodontal issues
- Mental clarity
- Immunity improvement
Personal hygiene and body
Remove the chemicals of the bathroom and put coconut oil instead:
- Body scrub- mix the oil with salts also some essential perfume oil and rub the skin. Wash off and have beautiful skin.
- Bruising- reduced swelling and red skin and speeding up of healing.
- Bug bite- better healing, reduced burning of skin and itching. Apply on the bite
- Burns- better healing with no scars.
- Swimmers ear- mix garlic and coconut oil and put few drops in each ear. Leave it for 10 minutes. Do this 3 times daily.
- Deodorant- use it for this purpose and mix with baking soda or cornstarch
- Hair mask- apply 1 tsp of the oil on the ends of hair and massage. For better results, 1 tbsp of the oil on dry scalp and hair ends and leave it overnight.
- Diaper salve- no chemicals to soothe rash on a bum of baby
- Eye cream- before bed, put some on the eyelids. To remove wrinkles or puffiness, under the eyes too.
- Age spots- to fade them apply directly
- Skin issues- relief for eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis
- Reduction of wrinkles- rub the oil on the saggy skin and be rejuvenated
- Chapstick- rub it on the lips to make them soft and give them SPF 4
- Aftershave- it soothes shaved skin and doesn’t clog pores
- Baldness- mix thyme, coconut, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, grapeseed oil, cayenne pepper and jojoba. Before bed, apply this mix3 times daily and have regenerated cells on the massaged are
- Cradle cap- nurtures baby skin and removes cradle cap. Rub it on daily basis.
- Remover of makeup- dab oil on cotton and remove makeup while skin is softened up
- Stretch marks- rejuvenates damaged skin and marks on it
- Moisturizer- apply the oil as body milk
- Sun burn solution- rub some oil on the burned skin
- Face wash- mix coconut, almond, olive, castor and avocado oil equally and use instead of soap. Rub it, leave it shortly and wash off.
- Nipple cream- nourishes sores, dry nipples and cracked nipples. Apply this oil on cotton and massage
- Sunscreen- spf 4
- Pre-shave- nourishes skin before shaving
- Hair gel- rub it on the hands and get a comb, massage the hair and comb again.
- Lubricant- it is not well with latex keep in mind! But is safe, smells nice, all natural
- Massage oil- get coconut and rub it on the skin
- Healing- put it on cuts; it will give a thin protection layer against viruses, dust and bacteria. It also speeds up healing and repairs tissues
- Tattoo healer- this stops ink from fading and prevents infected tattoos
- Toothpaste- mix the oil with baking soda
- Acne fix- apply the oil under makeup to nurture skin. Acne skin is too dry that’s why it needs oil
- Genital warts- usually these warts disappear after 2 years of infecting, but with this oil they can be gone in 6 months.
- Dandruff- dandruff is caused by too much oil on the scalp. The coconut reduces this and leaves scalp and hair healthy
Topical health issues
- Pink eye- apply around the eye
- Ear infections- fights them, reduces pain. Put few drops coconut and garlic oil in the ear, twice daily
- Athlete’s foot
- Decongestant- when congested during allergy or colds, rub some under the nose and on the chest
- Reduced swelling and rash
- Allergies- rub the oil inside the nose so the pollen clings to it
- Head lice
- Sore muscles and pain
- Toenail fungus
- Gingivitis, canker sores, gum issues – rub directly or as toothpaste
- Healing for circumcision
- Healthy gums- oil pulling is really popular
- Lungs- this oil increases fluidity in cells
- Mental cognition- the medium chain triglycerides pass through the blood flow and give energy
- Nausea- rub the oil on the wrist and smell
- Digestion- this oil has saturated fats that control the fungi and parasites which cause indigestion or IBS. The fat helps minerals to be ingested better, also amino acids and vitamins
- Breastfeeding- these mothers need to take 3 ½ tbsp. oil for better milk supply
- Insulin support- increases insulin and using of blood glucose
- Bones/teeth- makes you absorb magnesium and calcium better
- Vitamin/nutrients absorption- with this oil all the oil base vitamins are absorbed easily (D, E, K, A)
- Fitness- it supports thyroid health, improves metabolism, gives energy, reduces fat and keeps muscle mass
- Stress relief- apply the oil on the head and massage, the aroma and smell will relax you
- Weight loss- with the saturated fats this stops cravings
- Nosebleed- this oil prevents nose bleeds due to weather, cold or heat. This happens when the nasal paths are too dry so the mucus tissues can crack. Now, apply the oil in nostrils and make capillaries stronger
Also animals have benefits of the oil. The dose for pets is ¼ tsp for 10 lbs of animal weight, twi times a day. But, ask a veterinarian first.
- Balanced insulin and thyroid work
- Reduced bad breath in dogs
- Better coat- the coat is glossy and deodorized
- Prevention of diabetes
- Cleared up skin; itchiness, eczema, dermatitis, flea allergies
- Ligament soothing and arthritis
- Reduced allergies
- General cat/dog health. Add 1 tsp to the water daily
- Reduced cough of hairballs
- Fast healing in wounds
- Better healing- apply to wounds, hot spots, cuts, stings, bites, hair and dry skin
- Energy for sedentary dogs- medium chain triglycerides improve brain metabolism and reduce amyloid protein accumulation that makes lesions in old dogs
- Better digestion and nutrient absorbing
- Healing digestive tracts- colitis, or IBS
- Prevention of yeast and fungi or candida
- More energy and less weight
- Oiling wooden items and boards
- Goo- mix it with baking soda to make a paste and apply wherever is sticky. Leave it 1 minute and scrub off with toothbrush
- Soap- use instead of soap
- Bronze polisher- rub the oil on cotton and wipe every bronze item
- Repellent for insects- mix it with mint and rub on skin
- Furniture polish- mix the oil with lemon juice
- Clean leather products
- Season animal hides drums
- Remover of chewing gum in the hair- rub the oil on the hair and leave for 60 minutes. Then the gum will roll off.
Source and Image Source: forhealthylifestyle.com