The mouth ulcers are really irritating and painful. They are simply open sores inside the mouth, have whitish color or light pink and even red sometimes. Often, they are on the inside of cheeks opposite the teeth, lips, under tongue and mouth floor.
There are many reasons for this occurring of such sores and here are some ulcer types listed below:
- Minor ulcers: they are most common of all types by even reaching 80% of cases. They can be healed in 7-10 days tops.
- Major ulcers: they are also called LARGE, and these happen in 10% of cases of issue called aphthous stomatitis. Another term for them is major aphthous ulceration. They ususally happen with other ulcers and create even bigger ulcers. These cause great pain unfortunately.
- Herpetiform ulcers: these are giving excruciation pain and happen due to herpes simplex infection. With this ulcer kind you will see recurrence of it often, compared to the minor and major ulcers. Women are more affected than men and THESE ulcers are in clusters of up to small 100 ulcers!
Reasons for appearance of mouth ulcers:
- Bad oral hygiene
- Deficit of vitamin B12, C and iron
- Allergies to food
- Herpes simplex (most often)
- Accidental bites
- Imbalance in hormones
- Bowel disease
- Skin issues
- Undiscovered health problems
Home cures for ulcers in the mouth:
Below you will read about some natural home remedies and cures for treating such sores and ulcers.
- Coconut milk is a good option. The milk extracted from coconut is really healthy. Gargle with it few times a day.
- You can boil coriander leaves in water as an easy home cure for ulcers. The water should cool down and then when lukewarm gargle with it 3-4 times daily.
- Take cold water in a glass and gargle or just use lukewarm water too. Use them simultaneously.
- Get one cup fenugreek leaves to boil them in 2 separate water cups. Strain that afterwards and cover with some lid. With this water, gargle few times daily.
- Get one cup water to boil and add in it coriander seeds (1 tsp). when it is hot remove from heat and wait to become lukewarm. Then use it for gargling. This can be done 3-4 times a day.
- Use aloe vera for ulcers. You can freely take 2 tablespoons daily of aloe vera, even three times a day and get best results.
- Chew some basil. Take 5-6 basil leaves and water, on daily basis. Repeat this 6 times a day until resolved.
- Chew six pieces of holy basil, and then drink water. You can do this 6 times daily too.
- Eat raw tomatoes to remove mouth sores. Also, gargle with tomato juice up to 4 times daily.
- Apply mix of camphor and sugar candy right on the sore. This mix is just made of 7 parts mishri, a sugar candy type and 1 part camphor. It is the most known and simple home cure.
- Apply turmeric and glycerine mix. To make it, get a pinch turmeric powder and 1 tsp glycerine.
- Get 1 tsp honey and stir with ¼ tsp turmeric to get a paste, and the paste Is applied on the canker sore.
- Eat banana and curd early in the morning before breakfast.
- A sure remedy is massaging the mouth gums with coconut oil and honey mixture.
- Mix a paste from Indian gooseberry and put on the sore. Do this minimum 2 times daily.
- Create antiseptic mouthwash with tea tree oil drops in a 1/3 cup water. Gargle in the mouth 30 seconds and spit. This cures and disinfects the sore.
- Melt ½ tsp salt in 1 cup water to make saltwater mouthwash. Swish this again, 30 seconds and spit out. Also, gargle with warm water and salt.
- Soda bicarbonate also helps with sore curing.
- Dab a few drops of tea tree oil directly to the sore, if you do this you will lessen the irritation and redness of the sore and remove inflammation.
- Another fast way to cure this is by using cranberry juice or tea. Just hold the liquid inside for a few seconds.
- Use plain regular yoghurt to remove sores.
- Eat always fresh and raw salads with a lot of onion. This helps ulcers to reduce size.
Always use soft brushes for teeth, in the morning, afternoon and night.
After every meal, have a cranberry juice or tea.
Drink with straws, especially if the drink is too cold.
Eat foods like yoghurt, custard or ice cream! Yes, you read right! Also, eat mix fruit custard dishes to soothe the irritation.
Do not consume hot or spicy food!
Avoid hot drinks or drinks like hot tea and coffee
Also, avoid addictives – alcohol or cigarettes!
If you follow all these tips and advice you will no longer have troubles removing the sores and irritation from the mouth.
Source and Image Source: supertastyrecipes.com